Saturday, November 8, 2008

Crystal Choker




As promised in yesterday's blog, here is the result of my "crystal explosion" homework. I was going to do the dangly bits but I only had time to finish the choker part in class and I liked the look of it so much, I decided to keep it like that. I hung a slightly larger bicone in the middle on the bottom row as a focal point.

Because I didn't do the dangles, I had a bunch of left over crystals with loops on them already and was able to make a quick pair of earrings to go with the necklace. They aren't keeper earrings, I'm going to rework them for the final version, but I needed something quick to wear with my outfit today. :)

Someone took a picture of me today while I was volunteering at the snack bar and I didn't think to ask them to focus on the jewellery, so the photo below doesn't really show the necklace completely, but here it is anyway:
I really like the finished product and my mind is full of possible variations - I can't wait to get started making the next one. Wouldn't you know it, I was able to pick up more crystals today at the TBS Bead Fair so now I'm all stocked up! (If you didn't make it to the fair today, don't worry, it runs all day tomorrow as well - I highly recommend going!!)

No comments: