Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Downloading sunflowers

I have finally downloaded my photos from France. I've only been procrastinating about it since I go back at the beginning of August. No big deal, that's only 3 months ago. I copied them onto my hard drive but didn't erase them from the memory card, so now I have the photos saved in two places. There are 683 in total, which now need to be sorted into folders and labelled, but that can wait. The next step will be to hook up the external hard drive I bought a couple of weeks ago and do a backup of all my files, preferably in advance of disconnecting my computer when I move at the end of the month. I'm hoping that no files will be lost or equipment damaged in the transition. It seems to me that the last time I moved, I just unplugged my computer at the old place and plugged it in at the new place, piece of cake. But that was over four years ago and I've added a lot of stuff, especially photos, to my hard drive since then and I don't want to lose anything.



Check out these sunflowers, aren't they amazing? The field stretched out to the horizon, as far as the eye could see.

No comments: