Thursday, December 11, 2008

Artistic Wire

My friend Stephanie, a.k.a. The Dixon Chick, crochets beautiful necklaces out of wire and beads. The wire she uses and now sells is known as Artistic Wire. When I was first introduced to this wire, I thought you could only get it in brass, copper or silver colour, which suited me fine. Then I discovered that they also make a really cool royal purple colour and even a metallic turquoise and I was pretty excited. In October, Steph was able to provide me with Christmas green and red shades of wire and I was an even happier camper. What did I know?

Steph now stocks a whole bunch of really cool shades in almost every colour of the rainbow. Here's a picture of just a few of them: golden olive, powder blue, lavender and turquoise.
And just when you think it can't get any cooler, take a look at my new metallic favourites: brown and gunmetal.
The spools are $7 each for 30 yards and Stephanie stocks them in 26 gauge. You can get in touch with her via the link here on my blog page and let her know what colours you desire - there are more than 20 colours available right now and more on the way.
I can't wait to crochet something up with my new wire stash!!

No comments: