Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Feliz Año Nuevo!

I'm packing for Mexico and resolving never to take a trip so close to a move again. I feel like I can't find anything!! Everything I want to pack seems to have gone AWOL and I'm frantically scrambling through various boxes trying to find whatever it is (beading supplies, US money - which I put in a very safe place just before the move and now have no idea where it might be!!, the charger for my iPod, etc.) So I'm wasting time looking when I should be packing and making a mess when I should be tidying up.

On the plus side, Max is helping me pack:



I think he wants to come with me. :)

In the Jan/Feb 2009 issue of Step by Step Beads magazine, the editor Leslie Rogalski writes that she doesn't make New Year's resolutions. Instead, she makes "resignations", things she is resigned to accept. I hope she doesn't mind if I share a couple of my favourites:

"I will never have enough beads.
I will never have enough time to bead.
I will sacrifice sleep so I can keep beading.
My cat deserves credit for some my designs."

Happy New Year everyone. May 2009 be a year of health and happiness for us all.

No comments: