Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back to Reality - Part 2

Somehow I haven't gotten very much accomplished from my to do list for this weekend. Truth be told, I haven't even looked at the list since Friday, how's that for avoidance?! I picked up a cold (probably my body's reaction to the shock of the 60 degree temperature change between sunny Puerto Vallarta and bitterly cold Toronto) and I've been sneezing and blowing my nose all weekend (although luckily, I'm not as sick as the Dixon Chick, the poor thing, who had to cancel her classes at Beadfx this past weekend because she was too sick to teach - hope you're feeling better soon, Steph!). Nevertheless, I still managed to get out to Beadfx yesterday to check out their sale (who me? miss a bead sale? never!), spend a couple of hours on the torch, which was great as I haven't melted any glass since October, and have lunch with my sister. But once I got home, I was feeling pretty achy and feverish, so I've been taking it easy ever since, indulging in a couple of naps as needed and spending time doing quiet things that didn't require too much physical exertion. Although I did still manage to get a couple of loads of laundry done, moved a couple of boxes and unpacked a few others, got my chequebook to balance and gave some thought to a budget for 2009 so as to get those credit cards paid off sooner than later, so I'm feeling rather virtuous in spite of myself. No doubt there will be a few more cold, wintery weekends in the months ahead to stay inside and get my apartment sorted out, so no pressure to get it done immediately. In the meantime, I'm still not quite caught up on the episodes of Coronation Street I taped while I was away, so if you'll excuse me...

No comments: