Friday, January 23, 2009

Geicos Too

Having read yesterday's post, I'm sure you're asking yourself, what possible connection could there be between iguanas and jewellery??? I assure you, there is one, I just thought I'd draw out the suspense a little bit.

Are you ready? Here it is: there is actually a company located in Cambridge, Ontario called Iguana Beads. I think they have a store in Cambridge but I haven't had a chance to check that out. I've seen them at the shows, like Bead Oasis and the Toronto Bead Society bead fairs, and I've bought some lovely things from them - I always make a point of checking out their booth as they have good selection and excellent prices. [I'll give you the link to their website but I have to tell you, there isn't anything much to see there, just their contact information and unfortunately, when I emailed them at the address posted, the message came back as "undeliverable" but if you ever meet them in person, you won't be disappointed. http://www.iguanabeads.com/]


We also saw a couple of geicos in Mexico. Here's a picture I took of one that visited us in the studio one night, as he was approaching his dinner:



In case you haven't seen any of those insurance ads and would like to know what they look like up close, here's picture of one made out of wire by an unknown but very talented artist:




I believe the same person also created this lizard like creature out of beads and wire:





Isn't it amazing what imagination and a little bit of manual dexterity can create?

No comments: