Sunday, January 25, 2009

Slowly Getting Organized

I've been working on getting things sorted in my apartment this weekend. Having moved in at the beginning of December and dealt with the holiday rush, a Christmas trip to Calgary and a jewellery course trip to Puerto Vallarta 3 days after that (I know, it's a tough life but somebody's got to do it!), I am now back to my regular life, which involves spending more time at home. However, I'm finding it hard to fully enjoy being in my new home as things are still a little topsy turvy, with furniture not quite where it needs to be, boxes still to be unpacked and decisions to be made about where things belong. I'd rather be making jewellery but when I try to do so, my mind starts thinking about what needs to be done and it doesn't feel like I'm totally in the groove. It feels like the muddle in my apartment is being mirrored in my brain, if that makes any sense.

I realized yesterday that I need to get organized before I can get to work on the jewellery. My plan is to get things put away and tidied up, even if they are not in the spot where they stay permanently but at least things will be organized, clean and out of the way, and everything will be less jumbled, then I can focus on smaller areas in the days and weeks to come.

I started late in the afternoon yesterday with the bedroom and got a lot done in a short period of time. The closet is in much better shape, I'm caught up on the laundry and all my summer clothes are now neatly stored in boxes on a shelf as sadly, they won't be needed for a while (did I mention it's minus 25 with the windchill again today? Remind me why we live in a cold climate again?)

One of treasures I unearthed while I was untangling a shoebox full of necklaces was this beautiful gold pendant. To be honest, I had completely forgotten I had it and I couldn't tell you when was the last time I wore it. I love the look of it, it says medieval to me. I shall enjoy wearing it again.


Now it's time to get back to it, as I've procrastinated long enough for today. Wish me luck!

No comments: