Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Inspirations Are Posted!

As previously discussed, The Dixon Chick and I were both creating jewellery for Beadfx to post on their Inspirations page and as of last night at midnight, our pieces are showing on their website.


Funnily enough, we both made necklaces. The beads themselves are a combination of caramel and a clear orange - the official name is Cinnamon Givre (??) but I call them "Tangerine Jello Pudding", because part of the bead is clear like jello and part of it looks like butterscotch pudding.

Stephanie did a really cool combination the beads and wire and used black beads for accent (I knew she was going to go with black and orange, I just knew it!) I combined the beads with these really beautiful rectangles called Teal Paisley Jasper that I just happened to buy the same night as Dwyn gave us the challenge beads, and I noticed the two bead types seemed to compliment each other. Definitely not a combination I would have made for myself otherwise but I was really pleased with the finished result.




Here's the link to the Beadfx Inspirations page, in case you want to check it out and/or see the list of components:

No comments: