Wednesday, February 18, 2009

U.F.O.'s

In the beading world, I'm told, U.F.O. stands for "unfinished objects". I didn't know there was a beading term for this until recently. Glad to know I'm not the only one who starts things and then stops before they are finished. It's not that I don't like them any more or that I won't finish them some day, I have just moved on to something else for the time being. More often than not, it's just while other ideas are percolating in my head. I let my subconscious continue with the design while my hands are busy making a new piece.

However, I seem to have been collecting a few UFOs recently, thought I'd share a couple of them with you.

First up is this little section of what I think will someday be a bracelet. I'm having a bit of orange phase these days, I seem to be collecting various types of orange beads, haven't quite decided what I'll do with them yet...








The next one came about from my recent travels. When I got back from Mexico, I was very inspired by the bright and bold colours there. Since then, I've been playing around with multi-coloured seed beads of various sizes, both in random ways and in patterns:


And last but certainly not least is this bracelet I was working on for Valentine's Day but didn't get finished in time. I ran out of wrapped beads before I ran out of bracelet, so I've got to make a few more.

All in good time, all in good time!

No comments: