Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ceramic Bead Making


Today at the Bead and Button Show, I am learning how to make ceramic beads from a woman named Jennifer Heynen. Judging by the photo, it looks like it will be a lot of fun.

I really have no idea how ceramic beads are made at this point in time but it seems to me it's a little bit like making beads out of glass, only you potentially have a lot more control over the results!! The class description says we'll decorate the beads with glazes and underglazes, so that's a bit of a clue.

I bought a ceramic bead a few months ago, and haven't done anything with it yet, only because I haven't turned my mind to it. Actually, it's more of a button than a bead, as it has a shank on the back. I quite like it though!
When I signed up for the show, this was actually one of the first classes I picked, I was that intrigued. I can't wait to see what it's all about!

No comments: