Friday, June 12, 2009

TBS Garage Sale

This past Wednesday, the Toronto Bead Society had its last meeting of the 2008/2009 year, which was their annual "garage sale". Members rent tables and sell off some of their stash. For them, it's a chance to get rid of some older stock or things that have been hanging around, like old beading magazines and books, and for the rest of us, it's a cornucopia of treasures! It's one of my favourite nights, a chance to chat and mingle with everyone while picking up new beads, what could be more enjoyable? In fact, I was having so much fun socializing and shopping, I didn't even get a chance to check out the delicious buffet of food that was provided!

Here are some photos of some of the beautiful items I brought home with me:

This unusual bracelet was only $5.00. I also picked up some individual loose cones like the ones already attached here, so I can make matching earrings and/or a necklace or add more to this bracelet.


I picked out a lovely collection of beads made by Amy Waldman-Smith, which were such a total steal at 50% off, I had to stock up.







I also snatched up a couple of the marble beads made by Erin Maloney of the type that I coveted a few months ago when I first saw her wearing them at a lampworkers gathering, one in the traditional polka dots she is famous for and one with cool turquoise swirls.


I also stocked up on orphan polka dot beads made by Laurie Morgan, both because they were only $1.00 a piece and because my own dot beads never look this good!
I also got some chain, a string of silver discs that I might be able to stamp, a few little bags of various types of beads and a bevy of buttons (from Jennifer, who only charged me 50 cents for a bag full), as well as a book called "Button Jewelry and Accessories" because I have to admit, I'm starting to get a thing for buttons ever since I picked up all those ones in Mexico in January (wait until you see the vintage buttons I picked up at the B&B show last week). Now I need to do something with them!!

No comments: