Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rain Delay

I was supposed to take part in a garage sale at my building today but the forecast yesterday and at 4:40 this morning suggested that Sunday's rain date would be the better day. As it was, I was up very early feeding one of my cats (4:30, 5:15 and again about 6:30) so ended up sleeping in until 8 a.m. Woke up to a sunny morning and thought, oh no! The yard sale!! Quickly had breakfast and a shower and rushed downstairs at 9, by which time it had gotten very, very dark and threatening outside. I thought surely no one would be there, that they would have realized tomorrow morning would be a better bet but no, there were several tables set up. Of course, just as I arrived, the rain started to fall and everyone scrambled to get their stuff packed up again. Good thing, as we were treated to quite the thunderstorm after that!

I was rather glad, as I wasn't quite ready to go this morning but now am very ready for tomorrow morning, with everything I'd like to sell in boxes with price tags, ready to be trundled downstairs in the morning.

With my new found free time, I also had a chance to fix my rug. My apartment has wall to wall broadloom and I have a couple of area rugs laid over top, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Both of them have huge bumps (buckles?) in them, they just won't lay flat or stay flat. I took a trip to Alexanian Carpet earlier this week and bought myself a pad to go underneath the area carpet. The idea is that this underpad is sticky on both sides and keeps the rug from slipping. Technically, it's to be used to keep an area rug secure on a hardwood floor but I'm told it works for rug to rug situations as well. We'll see how the experiment goes - I'm trying it out in the living room first, as there was less furniture to move. If it works, I'll do the bedroom rug. I do hope it works, it's quite annoying and a definite safety hazard, not to mention that it looks like crap!

No comments: