Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Different Kind of Torch

Usually on Thursday nights, I go to Beadfx to do a little Happy Hour Torching (torch for 1 hour, get the 2nd hour for free, what a great deal!) but tonight, I've been working on a torch of a different sort. The Olympic Relay Torch, to be specific. My company has obtained a spot on the 45,000 km relay that will transport the Olympic torch across Canada, leading up to the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver, and they're having a contest to pick the employee who will carry the torch on the route.

In order to enter, you had to create a short video or slide show no more than 90 seconds long and post it on a special blogspot website they created by no later than tomorrow. So I spent several hours last night putting together a Powerpoint presentation, only to find at the end of it that when you upload the PPT to the program that converts to a format to post on Blogger, you lose all the animation you've added to the slides and any music you might have added as background. What a total drag! It's still a pretty good entry, in my humble opinion, it would just have rocked that little bit more if there was music and a few special effects.


I don't think I can share the whole thing with y'all at the moment but here's a couple of pictures I used to show how I was practicing to carry the torch: yup, I can carry a ladder or a bucket! I'll let you know how I do in the contest. In the meantime, thanks to my mom and my sister for taking these photos.

No comments: