Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bummer!

I just found today that Stephanie Sersich won't be coming to Toronto to teach on the weekend of October 23-25 as originally planned. I know from her newsletter that she and her husband are expecting their first baby in January, so I'm certainly hoping that this change in plans doesn't mean she is having health issues in that regard, but I am disappointed not to have the opportunity to learn from her. She had been scheduled to teach three classes at Tank Studio in the Distillery District and I was signed up to take two of them. I love her lampwork beads (see photo, right) and her whimsical style and I was really looking forward to learning how she makes them. I was also excited about taking her Spiny Knotted bracelet class on the Friday night (see photo, left). I own her book entitled "Designing Jewelry with Glass Beads", which contains the instructions for the bracelet but it's so much more fun if you can have the designer actually tell you what to do. Plus I was hoping she'd have some of her own beads available to purchase. I was also looking forward to seeing Tank Studio, as I haven't yet had a chance to check out this space run by Amy Johnson and Jill Cribbin. Ah well, hopefully she will be able to come to Toronto some other time. In the meantime, I might just have to give this bracelet a try on my own!

If you'd like to see more of Stephanie's work, here's the link to her website: http://www.sssbeads.com/.

Tank Studio's website can be found here: http://www.tankstudio.ca/TANK_STUDIO/gallery.html

No comments: