Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Charted Results

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you will notice a little box that says "Sitemeter". I use this device to track the number of visitors to my blog and where they are from. I also have a little map showing in the right hand column that shows where my readers are from. I enjoy checking out both of these tools every once and while, as it astounds me to see how many strangers are coming by to check out my blog. Some locations I recognize, like St. Louis is my friend Stephanie and Calgary is probably my brother or sister-in-law and Adelaide, Australia is my friend Bryan (when he remembers!). Other locations, like Belgium or Singapore and all sorts of places all over the United States, represent people I don't know and most of the time, I can't be sure how they got here.

Yesterday, Mr. Kyle Cassidy posted a link to my blog posting about our weekend photography workshop on both his Facebook page and Twitter. This was most flattering (thanks, Kyle!) and it made me wonder how many of his now 803 Facebook friends and 768 Twitter followers might actually come by to check out Monday's post.

As you can see from the chart below, which shows the number of site visits for the past week, there was an obvious jump in my readership yesterday and today as well:

Sadly, the text on the chart photo is rather small but I can tell you that the second column from the right represents yesterday's visitors (96) and the column on the right is today (39 so far). It is most exciting.

Welcome, y'all! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: