Monday, September 28, 2009

Fare Thee Well, Mr. Fox


As I was driving home yesterday, just about 10 minutes away from Argyle on a fairly busy county road, I passed by a fox trotting along the side of the road. He was heading towards me and I was so surprised, I actually stopped the car alongside him (luckily, there wasn't another car close behind me) but he barely spared me a glance, he just kept moving but he wasn't at all afraid of my car, that's for sure. He was kind of like The Littlest Hobo, just travelling along, a fox with a mission. I watched him in my rear view mirror until he headed into the brush on the side of the road but that wasn't until a couple more cars had driven past him. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to pull out my camera (I am seriously considering mounting one on the dash of my car to capture just these sorts of shots!), so this photo is from the Internet but it was just such a strange occurrence, to see one so close and so unperturbed by the proximity of a vehicle.

Northern tribes of Native Indians are said to believe the fox is a wise and noble messenger. Wonder if he was trying to tell me something??

No comments: