Saturday, October 24, 2009

Michael David Sturlin - Day 1

I am taking a 2 day "Quick Clasps and Findings" workshop at Beadfx with Michael David Sturlin. Day 1 was very exciting and I'd love to tell you all about it but after an eight hour day of class and then dinner with Michael, Marg (the owner of Beadfx) and a couple of the other ladies in class, I am now so very tired and my brain is complete mush. You know that feeling of "my brain can't possibly absorb any more information today and please don't ask me to make conversation because I would only sound like a babbling idiot if I tried to put words together in any kind of logical sequence, but if I could just sit here quietly on the couch in my pyjamas watching the TV with a rather glazed expression on my face for a few minutes before I fall into bed, I'm sure I'll feel much better in the morning".

In the meantime, here are a few photos to tide you over until tomorrow night, when hopefully I will be slightly more awake and able to blog in more detail about the wonderful time we are having and what a great teacher Michael is. The top photo is Michael at the bench - I didn't realize the block was standing up so you can't see what he is working on - the middle photo shows the shepherd's hook, figure 8's and S hooks we made this morning, and this bottom photo is a toggle clasp we made this afternoon. At the moment, we learning with copper wire - tomorrow, if we're feeling particularly brave, we're going to make the same components out of silver wire.

No comments: