Friday, December 11, 2009

Thanks, Stephanie!

My friend Stephanie, a.k.a. The Dixon Chick, gave me a Christmas present the other night and told me I had to open it right away, rather than wait until the 25th. Since she is a Crystal Ambassador for Swarovski, I had to ask her, as I gave the prettily wrapped box a shake, if there were crystals inside. Her answer was, "Something better than crystals!" Hmm. Intriguing. What could be better than crystals to us beaders, I wondered? Then I asked if it was chocolate. "Even better than chocolate!", she replied. Of course, now I was completely flummoxed, as what could possibly be better than both crystals and chocolate?

Quickly realizing the box was too small to contain George Clooney, I then opened the package and discovered, to my delight, that she was quite right, it was something much better then I could have ever imagined. It was a page-a-day calendar for 2010 entitled, "A Year in France"!!Stephanie said as soon as she saw it, she knew she had to get it for me and I am so delighted that she did, for now I have the perfect calendar to help me count down the rest of the days (only 251 left) until my trip to France in August with Kate McKinnon.

Of course, if you'd like to join us in either Paris, Durfort (in the south of France) or when we leave France to go to Barcelona, Spain, click the link on the right to go to Kate's website and read all about the trip and then let Kate know you are interested. We'd love to have you along, it's going to be a fabulous trip!

In the meantime, thank you, Stephanie, for getting me this lovely present that is indeed so much better than crystals or chocolate!

No comments: