Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hibernating


It's one of those winter weekends where it's really too cold to go outside if you don't have to. We don't have very much snow, just enough to cover the ground, the roads are bare but it's bloody cold outside. When I woke up this morning, it was minus 24 with the windchill and there wasn't much improvement expected in the forecast so I thought, right, I've got everything I need indoors and that's where I'm staying.

I went grocery shopping last night while I was out running errands so no problems there. Last weekend, when it was also too cold to go out, I eventually had to gear up and make a trek out into the frigid air when I ran out of milk. This time, I'm ready! An extra 4L are chilling nicely in my fridge as we speak.

For animals, hibernation is a period of inactivity but not for me, I've had a rather busy day. I've been cruising the Internet, chatted with friends via email and Facebook, done the laundry, set up my budget for 2010 (so far, on track! okay, I know it's only the 9th of the month but really, this is good for me to have gone this long without going completely off the rails!), packaged up some things to be mailed, talked on the phone to a good friend, changed the bedding, watched some TV, I'm about to go work on some art and/or beading projects (the night is young) and organized a closet shelf (baby steps).

But it seems there is always something to lure you out of your cozy cocoon of warmth. My friend Heather tells me that Michaels is having a sale, an extra 20% off everything in the store, this weekend only. It seems I might just have to go out tomorrow!

No comments: