Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stamping 101 Continued

As promised, here are a few more photos from the stamping class I took at the Bizzy B stamp and scrapbooking store the other night (http://bizzyb.ca/).

This darling girl is a full length stamp but I just inked half of it (i.e. to her waist) and stamped it onto a striped paper background.


This next photo is an example of the embossing technique. I used the Versamark clear stamp to add the image to the paper and then sprinkled on the embossing powder and heated the image with a heat gun to melt the powder.


Last but not least is a tag I made that at first, I thought I had ruined. I started out with yellow ink and then added a few more colours. I didn't like the look, so I added a bit more ink until suddenly, don't ask me how, all of a sudden it seemed to work. I added the word "imagine" because I thought the rainbow colour effect was a good example of the possibilities that are available to a healthy imagination. Daniza, the instructor, suggested I stamp the word a few more times in a random fashion and said it was okay to only have part of the word showing. I'm not sure why but everyone in the class loved this tag the best of all the ones I made.

No comments: