Thursday, March 4, 2010

A New Day


I'm feeling much better today. It's true that things do look brighter after a good night's sleep and the comfort of a good friend (thank you, ladies, for your comments and support). It also makes a huge difference to get things off your chest, to say it out loud. When you do, it's as if whatever was bothering you was a blockage of some sort, keeping you from moving forward and from seeing things clearly. Once you speak it, it loses its power and suddenly, you're free from that impediment. It's as if the tree that had fallen across the path has been lifted away and the path is clear. Things start moving again. I feel incredibly creative today. I came right home from work and had to sit down and put an art journal page together before I could do anything else. Then I worked on my Bag of Bead project, brought that a little closer to completion. It's a new day.

The art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
(Henry Ellis)

No comments: