Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cameras, Tattoos and Baseball

I've been thinking I'd like to get a digital SLR camera since I took the photography workshop with Kyle Cassidy last September: http://cynfulcreationscanada.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-weekend.html.

So I was getting some advice today on what type of camera to buy from a photographer friend of mine, Jon Blacker (http://www.jonblacker.com/Home.html). Kyle recommends the Lumix GF1 but that one is a little out of my price range at the moment. Jon favours the Nikon brand.

Jon has a very cool book project on the go at the moment, featuring musicians with tattoos. You can read more about that here: http://www.musical-ink.com/musical_ink.html. I don't have any tattoos myself, I've just never found an image I'd like to have permanently added to my body. I like the idea of it though, tattoos are such a fascinating art form and let's face it, they're quite sexy too. In moderation, that is - i.e. as long as you're not covering every available inch of your skin with ink. And as long as it's not Tweety Bird or "Wino Forever", that's just silly.

Jon also takes photos now and again for Major League Baseball, which put me in mind of the Toronto Blue Jays and the fact that the regular season is about to start. The home opener is Monday, April 12th against the Chicago White Sox - let's play ball!

With all that in mind, here's a photo I took on Roncesvalles Avenue last weekend. It makes me want to go looking for a guy named Ron Geoffrey. If he was a ball player (he'd probably play 3rd base) or a musician (definitely a guitar player), I wonder what kind of tattoo he would have?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know Kyle came to Canada.Do you think we can get him to come again? I would love it! debi