Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of Summer



Finally, the first day of summer has arrived and what a lovely one it has been, warm and sunny. I got to thinking about some of the things I love about summer and I thought I would share that list with you.

Here they are, in no particular order:

- banana popsicles

- beachcombing

- beading on the balcony

- being at the cottage

- corn on the cob

- drinks made with crushed ice

- eating outdoors

- fresh berries grown locally

- long hours of daylight that fade slowly into twilight

- painted toenails

- screen doors

- sleeping with the windows open, serenaded by chirping crickets

- sitting on the dock with my toes dangling in the water

- thunderstorms

- wearing sandals, if shoes are needed, or going barefoot if they're not

This is by no means the entire list, but just a few of things that I thought of today, as I look forward to the next few months in happy anticipation.

No comments: