Monday, June 14, 2010

Friends in High Places

Sometimes it helps to have friends who are willing to lend a helping had when they come to visit.

One of the tasks that needs to be done at our cottage twice a year involves climbing up a ladder to the top of the chimney. Every fall, someone has to climb up to put the cap on the top of the chimney, to keep the snow and animals from going down it for the six months that we're not in residence. In the spring, another climb to the top, to take the cap off so we can use the fireplace again.

Usually, my sister is the one to do the climbing as it is a bit risky for me ever since I hurt my back. Only trouble is, she doesn't like heights. She does it, but she doesn't like doing it, you know what I mean?

Lucky for both of us, her boyfriend came to visit on the weekend and was more than happy to do that job for us. Wasn't that nice of him?

No comments: