Friday, August 6, 2010

Tom Holland - Part 1

Is it just me, or do Friday nights get harder the older I get? The last few years, it has seemed like by the time the end of the work week rolls around, I am just so tired, all I want to do is go home and veg, then go to bed early and look forward to sleeping in the next morning. Having said that, tonight I worked an hour late at the office, then picked up groceries, filled up the car with gas, washed the car, came home, made dinner and did laundry. All of a sudden I'm thinking, hey, no wonder I'm so tired!

I'd like to tell you about last night's special summer Toronto Bead Society meeting, which featured glass bead maker Tom Holland as the guest speaker. Tom gave us an actual slide presentation, remember those? That special click, click sound as the carousel advances to show the next picture? The way little specks of who knows what float in the air in that beam of light between the projector and the screen? Then somebody walks in front of the projector and blocks the light for a second, creating a big black blob on the screen. Classic. These days, it's all about the Powerpoint presentation but Tom's obviously an old school kind of guy. If you can believe it, he doesn't even have a website!

I'd like to tell you about his talk but I'm just too darned tired, now that all my chores are done. So the details will have to wait until tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a hug and a kiss from Yonge Street in Toronto:

No comments: