Wednesday, October 6, 2010

CSI


Ten years ago today, the first CSI show hit the air, the show that put Las Vegas on the map.  Oh no, wait, that's not quite right - I guess some people had heard of the city of Las Vegas before that.  But this is the show that put CSI on everyone's radar, the one that has since spawned CSI: Miami, CSI: New York and I see now they have CSI: UK starting to air on our local TV's. 

I don't recall watching it from the very beginning but I remember noticing it because I had really like Marg Helgenberger in "China Beach" and at some point, tuned in to see what her new show was all about.  I quickly realized it was a really well done show and started watching regularly.  I wish I'd know forensic science could be so interesting when I was younger, I might have paid more attention in science class and tried for a career in that field, I find it all quite fascinating.  Okay, maybe not the bug stuff but other than that.

Eventually, I stopped watching the show every week and now I only see reruns now and again and I never did get involved in any of the other franchises.  Once Grissom's character left Vegas, it was pretty much over for me.  But I'm still feeling a little nostalgic for those early days of the show, it's hard to believe it was 10 years ago today that it all began...

No comments: