Monday, January 31, 2011

The DeClutter Project Report - Week 5

Kind of a good news/bad news result from this past weekend's decluttering effort.  I was out most of the day Saturday so didn't have a chance to do anything until yesterday and even then, I was squeezing it onto my "to do" list for the day, which was already pretty full.  I decided to clear out the corner of my office, which originally looked like this:
The good news is, the corner is now clear. Here's the proof, with only the indentations on the carpet to hint at what used to be there:
And now for the bad news.  Most of the stuff from that corner is now piled on top of the bed, waiting to be moved on to a permanent home:

On the plus side, most of the boxes on the bed are either empty or less than half full.  It's really not as bad as it looks.  Except for the striped box, which is mostly loose papers that need to be sorted, filed and/or discarded.

I remind myself that this project is a marathon, not a sprint.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  Every little bit helps.  I look at the empty corner and vow not to fill it up again.

No comments: