Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Photo courtesy of psdgraphics.com
Here we are, the first day of the first month of 2011 - otherwise known as 1/1/11.  It's kinda cool, seeing all those ones lined up in a row like that, isn't it? 

How will you be spending this day?  I've got a couple of projects I'm working on.  My De-Clutter Project (read about it here) started officially yesterday.  I spent about 1.5 hours cleaning out my storage closet.  Not a lot of time (as I had several other tasks I wanted to accomplish yesterday as well) but it was one of the areas on my list of 25 that need attention in the next few months, so I'm right on schedule. 

Today, I'm taking part in a secret art project organized by Andrew Thornton (here's how I found out about it).  I can't tell you any of the details but there are 100 of us contributing and once the project is completed, I'll be sure to tell you all about it.

I also hope to be going out for a walk some time today, if it stops raining!  Or maybe even if it doesn't.  Toronto is expected to be the warmest city in the whole of Canada today, with a forecasted high of 10 degrees Celsius.  If it's going to be that warm, I definitely want to spend a little time outside before winter finds us again.

Whatever you do today, I hope it is something you enjoy.  With so many ones in today's date, it makes me think we should all spending some time putting ourselves first on the priority list, if only for today!

No comments: