Thursday, January 6, 2011

Nice Night for a Swim

I took myself down for a swim tonight.  I had driven home through the snow and thought it would be nice to float in the pool and watch the flakes flutter about outside, and it was.  The water was warm and I had the place to myself, as usual, which is very calming.

I tried to take a picture of the snow blowing around outside through the windows but it didn't really show up.
I liked the effect of this shot though, you can't really tell if the pickup truck is parked inside or out.  Last year, somebody accidentally drove their car through this window, which makes this picture even more ironic, if you ask me!

While I swim, I can't help but notice all the signs posted about. Just like the Five Man Electrical Band song,
there are "signs, signs, everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind.  Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign???"

There's an emergency phone too, although by the time you call 9-1-1 on the rotary dial, the emergency might have gotten worse!
Ah well.  It's a small pool, it's not fancy but it's warm and relaxing and I don't have to go outside in the cold to get to it.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a little bit of paradise on a cold, snowy winter's eve!

1 comment:

patty said...

That looks like a great place to swim. I am a swimmer also and am lucky to be able to swim every day.

It sounds so fun to be able to see snow falling while swimming. Living in the south, there is no snow for me.