Friday, February 18, 2011

A Bay Street Walk

I was downtown late this afternoon getting my hair cut and afterwards, I decided to walk up Bay Street for a while to get some fresh air.  I didn't walk as far as I might have if it weren't so darned windy - close to 70 km per hour, according to the radio when I got home, no wonder I had trouble keeping my hood up!

Nevertheless, it was shortly before the sun set and the light was just right for shadows and reflections.  I always enjoy the combination of old and new architecture in the Toronto skyline.  I didn't have my camera with me so I used my cell phone to take these photos near the corner of Queen and Bay:

Legislative Buildings
City Hall - Nathan Phillips Square
Marriot Hotel courtyard
This picture was my favourite.  I wasn't sure what caught my eye first, the reflection in the window or the pair of skates! (only in Canada, eh?)

No comments: