Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wishing for Warmth

It was minus 27 Celsius with the windchill this morning as I crossed the parking lot at work today.  I work within sight of the airport and as I was walking into the building, a plane was flying overhead.  I was sorely tempted to just get back in the car, head over to the terminal and get on the first plane out of here to a warmer climate.

I wanted to be in Tucson this week, taking Kate and Andrew's second "Capturing the Moment" workshop (the first one was just over a week ago and sounded totally awesome) but I didn't make the decision to go until about mid-January, only to discover that a return flight was going to cost me $1300.  Yikes!  So, I didn't go and I have been regretting having missed the opportunity to take part in these fabulous sounding workshops (and to see my dear friends from our trip to France last fall, Doriot, Meryl and Dawn).  Although Tucson has been quite chilly the past week or so, I'm not sure it would have answered my bone deep desire for sun and heat.

I am, however, greatly warmed by the owl cream and sugar that Kate sent me.  Look how cute they are:
If you can believe it, I was munching my breakfast cereal yesterday at 7:20 in the morning when there was a knock on my door.  I took a look through the peep hole and asked who it was, only to be told that it was the mailman, delivering a package.  Say what?!?!  Since I could see his uniform and the fact that he had two boxes in his hands, I figured it was safe to open the door. Without giving a thought to the fact that I was in my pyjamas.  Ooops. I wonder if that happens to them a lot?  :)  I also wonder if I am on some list for special attention from Canada Post after the last two parcels I had received had been damaged?  Hard to say but I was very glad to receive this particular package from my friend Kate, thank you so much!

3 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I feel your pain. That weather of yours just arrived here a few hours ago. I have such a terrible cold and to have to go out to work is too depressing. We tried to get tickets for Tucson last summer for gem show week and it was outrageously expensive. So we are going next week instead. Much cheaper and hopefully much warmer! To bad we'll miss the gem show though.

Marcia DeCoster said...

Those are some darn cute owls, little hoot might like to come play....when it's warmer of course

Sharon said...

Bad for me or not I hit the tanning bed and pretend I'm there when I feel like that. It seems to work for the moment.

Love your little owls. Too "hoot" cute!

Sharon