Saturday, June 18, 2011

Art Paradise in Portugal!

By the time you read this - if the stars are aligned, the weather in Newark has cleared, the volcano in Iceland is not spewing and God is willing - I will be on my way to  Portugal.  I had originally booked my flight so that I would arrive a full day before the workshop starts, to give me a little extra time to catch up on my sleep and get over any jetlag before the fun starts tomorrow.  But that plan got changed when my flight was cancelled last night, so now I'm travelling today instead, first to Newark, New Jersey and then on to Lisbon from there, hoping to arrive around 6 a.m. tomorrow. 

Photo courtesy of expedia.ie
From Lisbon, I take a taxi about 20 minutes to the seaside town of Estoril, where I'll be staying at Margarida's place, which is called Art Paradise. 

I do hope it lives up to its name. Judging by these photos of the patio and the garden, I am pretty sure that it will be lovely.

No comments: