Monday, August 8, 2011

More Boat Ride Photos

I thought I'd share a few more photos from our sunset boat ride the other night. Yes, I took a few. Okay, more than a few. Anyone who knows me, knows I like to use my camera - a LOT.  But hey, when you get some great photos like these, it's worth it!

I love this sunset picture, it reminds me of how the Earth looks from space:

I like the blurred effect of this shot and the combination of pine tree outlines against the dusky sky.

Here are my fellow pirates on this voyage - Rosemary, my sister Janine and Tim:

and my sister's boyfriend Wayne:

Here we have the quintessential Canadian canoe shot:

Another blurry photo taken in next to no light conditions but I'm pleased with how the bonfire on the shore shows bright against the dark trees behind.  It reminds me of that William Blake poem, "Tiger, tiger, burning bright, in the forests of the night":


And last but not least, who can guess why I like this photo? Is it the view of Tim's butt in those jeans? The muscled arm? The tattoo peeking out? Oh no, wait, you can't see the tattoo but I know it's there, just under the edge of that cut off t-shirt on the right hand side (see photo above if you don't believe me).  The casual surety with which Tim guides the boat? Or perhaps it is all of the above??

No comments: