Thursday, October 6, 2011

Another Face

Here's another face I drew for the Supplies Me online class I am taking with Jane Davenport.

This one was drawn with coloured pencils. Prismacolor pencils to be exact (I have the box with 36 colours).  Jane was teaching us how to blend the colours.  The right side is blended, the left is not. 

I used Tim Holtz's Spun Sugar Distress Stain for the background (the light pink colour) and I must say, I wasn't too excited about the way the product worked on this page but that's okay.  The outside edge of the picture, the frame, was drawn with Neo-color watersoluble wax pastels and then I brushed them with water to blend the colours.

This week, we're learning about shading. Haven't done my homework yet, it's been a busy week so far but that's the beauty of online classes, no marks off if you're late handing in your homework.  In fact, no grades at all.  Just fun learning.  Gotta love that.

2 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

I REALLY love this face. Your progression is incredible! I think you have a talent for this.

Taylor schapiro said...

Your faces are getting good. Keep working Can't wait to see what you do with shading.