Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday + DST

I'm tired today.  So far daylight savings time just seems to mean that I'm getting less sleep. I didn't even get the extra hour I was looking forward to on Saturday night.  I went to bed an hour later that night, thinking I'd take advantage of the time change to make it up, only to wake up at my regular internal clock time, 6 a.m.  Except now, after "spring forward, fall back", it was 5 a.m.! By the time my brain processed that little bit of info, I was wide awake and couldn't get back to sleep.  So by 9 p.m. on Sunday night (which was really 10 pm, my normal get the jammies on time), I was really tired but still had a few things to do before going to bed so again stayed up another hour, only to wake up at 5 a.m. this morning too.  Geez.

Planning on an early night tonight, hoping to get in a full eight hours, but in the meantime, I'm looking back at my photos of the beach at Port Townsend. 

I find beachcombing to be a very satisfying activity.  I like to see what I can find, like this piece of driftwood that looks like a horse or a dinosaur skull:

or this feather, lying all by itself in the sand:

Sometimes I find faces, like this one:

and sometimes it's other things, like this pretzel-shaped piece of seaweed - did nature form it that way or did some other beach walker do it?

I took this picture of my friend Irene:

and she took this photo of me:

As you can see from our attire, it was a bit chilly down by the water but it was a very enjoyable walk.  And I slept very well that night!

1 comment:

kate mckinnon said...

I love Port Townsend! I've only been once, but it sure was lovely.