Friday, December 9, 2011

Missing Max, One Year Later

Today marks the first anniversary of losing my darling Max.  He was the fourth of my feline companions (preceded by Butterscotch, Murphy and Carly) and, to be honest, he was always just a little bit more special in my heart.  I know parents say that they love all their children equally and that may be true, but when it comes to cats, this guy was different.  Which is not to say that I didn't love my other cats truly and deeply, I did and I miss them too, but Max and I had a special bond and we both knew it.

I still miss him.  I don't suppose that ache will ever go away, although it is not as strong or as painful as it was for quite a while after this time last year.  Maybe it has lessened, maybe I've just gotten used to it being there. Certainly it has helped to have been able to spend time looking after and enjoying the foster cats that have stayed here since then and to have come to love my two darlings, Maggie and Katrina, who are currently sharing my home. 

But you never forget those souls that touch your heart in a profound and lasting way and that's why I'm thinking of and missing Max today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous boy he was!