Saturday, January 21, 2012

Michaels Madness

I met my friend Lorraine at a local mall this morning for coffee.  I broke the end off the adapter cord that powers my Polaroid POGO printer and she very kindly offered to lend me hers for my upcoming trip to Seattle.  Afterwards, we stopped in to the Michaels store in the mall as we both had this week's 40% off coupon.  We also knew that they were offering 25% off everything from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. today in what they called a "Madness Event".  (Even so, I was only thinking I'd get one thing, just to use the coupon. Ha!)

They weren't kidding.  I have no idea how they can stay in business at the prices they were charging for some of this stuff, it was definitely crazy.  I got this package of lovely Victorian style Christmas stamps for ninety percent (90%) off, I paid a whopping $1.69 for them.

As you can see from the photo, I also got a cute polka dot mouse pad and a couple of punches.  The blue one is a corner rounder, that was about the only thing I bought that was regular price so I used my 40% off coupon on that.

I picked up a number of packages of embellishments and tags in various designs:

I also got a bunch of letter and number stickers, which ran about 89 cents a package.


We both especially like these epoxy number stickers. They had a clearance price tag of $4.99 on them and the sign said 70% off last ticketed price, which meant $1.50 each, so we each grabbed 3 packages (all they had left).  Turns out they were actually 79 cents each - bargain!

I was really excited to find this pretty laptop bag with handles:

It was already 60% off, which brought the price down to $13.99 plus the extra 25% off = a final price of $10.49 - a steal!  Lorraine bought the same bag and a matching iPad cover for about $5.00 and she doesn't even own an iPad yet! :)  (I was tempted but managed to resist that purchase, going to wait until I get an iPad first!  Although perhaps in the spirit of "if you build it, they will come", I should have picked one up.)

Lorraine got the best deal though. She picked up a stack of 6 teardrop inkpads that rang through the cash register for only one cent.  One cent!!  Madness, I tell you.  Sheer madness!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - power shopping! You did great!