Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Random Scribbling

I'm taking an online class with the very talented and super nice Mindy Lacefield, whom I met at PLAY in January.

One of the exercises she has had us doing this week (and I hope I am not giving away any class secrets by telling you this) is to practice scribbling randomly with both our dominant and non-dominant hands.  It sounds simple enough and technically it is but it's not something I normally do, so I did have to tell my inner critic to be quiet for a while and dig deep to let my inner child out of her box.

I was at work yesterday and needed a break, so I grabbed whatever writing instrument was on my desk(pencils, pens, highlighters of various colours) and here's what evolved:

I know, it looks like something a 3 year old would draw on the wall when their parents weren't looking and guess what? That's exactly what it is supposed to look like! Success!!

No comments: