Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Photos from the Falls

I have to share some more photos from the Falls, they are just too incredible.  Surprisingly, they are not one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.  Edged out by Africa's Victoria Falls, which are twice as high and twice as wide.  But since I might never see VF in person, or sit by the water's edge thereof like my friend Bryan (in the maroon shirt in the photo below)

for now, I bow to the natural beauty and awesomeness that is Niagara Falls.


The dark blue and turquoise water in the foreground
is the top of the Falls as it cascades over the edge, with the boat travelling on the
white water at the bottom.

I don't think I'd ever be as bored as this kid, sitting in an acrylic box on top of the boat, surrounded by dozens of excited tourists in blue plastic, who is clearly not as excited about his summer job. 

How can you take this kind of majesty for granted?  I guess it's true what they say, youth is wasted on the young!


Then again, maybe that kid has been to Victoria Falls!

No comments: