Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Star Trek!

The original series of Star Trek first premiered on TV 46 years ago.  I was only 5 at the time and don't think I started watching the show until a few years later, so it's not like I remembered this fact all on my own. I know this because today's Google Doodle is a picture of the bridge of the Starship Enterprise with the letters spelling "Google" altered to represent the original cast members (Spock as the capital "G", Kirk - complete with hair piece - as the letter "O", etc.).  Honestly, those people at Google are so darned clever!  Then again, we already knew that, didn't we?

Even better than that, if you click on a certain area of each picture (yes, there is more than one), it becomes animated and plays certain iconic Star Trek sounds and/or images, like sound of the elevator door opening while the red alert siren is being heard, or Kirk battling the Gorn.  Well, if you're a Trekkie like me, you'll recognize these things and have a laugh or a bit of memory flash. 

If you're reading this today, go visit Google to check it out.  If you're reading this post after today, Google "Google Doodle Star Trek" and you'll find it.  Trust me, it's very cool, you're going to want to see it.  If you're a Star Trek fan, that is.

No comments: