Monday, September 3, 2012

Labouring Today

The start of a long weekend is always filled with such promise.  You know you have three whole days to do whatever you want and the possibilities are seemingly endless. 

In my case, I had a long list of things on my "to do" list but only one thing that I really wanted to get done.  I woke up Saturday with a clear goal - to clear off and tidy the top of the dresser in my dining room/studio.  In spite of my best intentions, my procrastination self took over and instead of facing this daunting job:

I did this instead:

3 loads of laundry
changed bedding
baked cookies
decorated Rolodex cards
tidied kitchen craft area
had a nap
watched TV
glued things into my journal
cleared off the top of my bedroom dresser
sorted out my jewelery (a lot of which had been jumbled on top of said dresser)

So lots got done on Saturday but not the one task that was at the top of my list.

Went to the cottage yesterday and I'm really glad I did, it was such a perfect summer's day.  But of course, that meant the dresser didn't get cleaned off yesterday either.

Which left only today to get my rear in gear and tackle that mess. I told myself I'd work on it for two hours straight, which I did.  After an hour, I could see definite progress.

Miraculously and thankfully, it looked like this when time was up:

I then took an hour's break before spending another 2 hours sorting everything I had removed from the top of the dresser and putting everything away where it belonged.  I figured a 4 hour workday was plenty long enough for a holiday Monday and now I am going to relax and enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done!

Wondering what the kittens were doing while I laboured? I'll give you one guess.  :)
Belle Neige

Belle Matisse and Belle Cherie

Calliope

Belle Simone

It's hard work being a kitten too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, now I'm exhausted.