Thursday, December 6, 2012

Vintage Number Stamps

I recently obtained these vintage number stamps via eBay and I absolutely love them.  Not only does the set have all the numbers from 0 to 9 (I bought a set once that was only 1 to 9, not realizing that the zero was missing and man, do I wish I had the zero sometimes!), it also has a 1/2 stamp, a bunch of symbols (the dollar sign, cent sign, a period) and, coolest of all, "lb" (for those of you on the metric system, this is a short form for "pound"), "for" and "each".  I'm guessing this was a set intended to be used for mercantile purposes.  The numbers are about 3/4 of an inch in height, not too big, not too small.  All seventeen stamps stash into a little cardboard box that is exactly the right size for the whole set.  Well worth the $10 I paid for the set, I'd say!

1 comment:

Jane Perala said...

Good find - lucky you!