Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kitten Photos

Haven't posted any pictures of the kittens in a while, so I thought I'd share this one of Belle Cherie that I took the other day.  She was napping with her arms crossed but opened her eyes as I crept near with my camera.  I couldn't help myself, it was just so darned cute!!


She and her sister Belle Matisse are about 9 months old now.  They've been staying with me for about six months, waiting to be adopted.  They really are a very sweet pair, much calmer than they used to be now that they are a little older but still very playful and active, both with each other and with my cat Maggie.  My other cat Katrina doesn't hiss at them any more but she doesn't play with them either, although she seems more playful herself lately - perhaps they are setting her a good example?!

Here's a recent photo of Belle Matisse (black cats are harder to photograph, I have discovered, which is too bad because she has the cutest face and adorable expressions that I haven't been able to capture well enough!)


Sometimes having four cats on a full time basis seems like a lot but most of the time, it's no problem.  The kittens like to be picked up and cuddled - I do it a lot, just to be sure they stay used to it! The longer they stay with me, the harder it will be to let them go but knowing how much joy they will bring to someone else's life makes it easier.  Until that time, I am enjoying having them stay with me.

No comments: