Tuesday, April 30, 2013

NLWM Statistics

This month has simply flown by.  Thank goodness I had National Letter Writing Month activities to keep me occupied through all the grey, chilly, not at all spring-like weather that was April, 2013.  (Although today was pretty awesome, I have to say.  Because I actually left my coat ... are you ready for this?...in the car when I came back to the office after lunch.  I know, crazy, right?  That's how warm it was!  I don't want to jinx it but I heard tomorrow might be warm too.  But so far, that's just a rumour.)

But I digress.  I wanted to sum up my NLWM experience, since today is the last official day.  What a wonderful month it was! What an amazing bunch of friendly, talented ladies I have interacted with as part of this project, both online and via the mail.  (We did have one guy in the group but sadly, no one ever heard from him.  Hopefully he is okay, but things happen, maybe he just got busy and wasn't able to take part after all. Maybe being the only guy in a group of 99 was a little intimidating, who knows?)

Here's how my statistics for the month look, as of today:

99 = number of participants (or possibly 105, see below)
56 = number of items sent
44 = number of items received
21 = number of postal delivery days in April, 2013 in Canada
13 = number of postal delivery days I received more than one item
9   = most items received on one day (+1 letter rec'd from a non-NLWM participant)
8    = number of items received from my assigned penpal, Beth

3    = number of postal delivery days I received 4 or more items
3    = number of postal delivery days I didn't receive anything


Add it all up and it was a whole bunch of awesome!!

The most unusual thing I received this month?  This book thong from Sharon L.  What a clever idea! :)

I feel badly that I didn't send something out to each and every person on the mailing list but I think for my first year, without any advance preparation or knowing what to expect, and having been sick for at least half the month with this very annoying and de-energizing cold, I think I did pretty well, all things considered.

A great big thank you to everyone who participated, to my friendly and helpful post office employee Jovy, to everyone who sent mail to me and especially, to Lindsay Ostrom, the group organizer (who indicated on her blog today that there were actually 105 participants, which makes me wonder - how did I lose 6 people??!).  I can't wait until next April to do it all again!

No comments: