Wednesday, April 10, 2013

So Clever!

Yesterday was an exciting day in my mailbox. I got my first letter from Beth, my officially assigned penpal from the National Letter Writing Month group organized by Lindsay Ostrom.  She lives in Oregon and she is so smart. Do you know how I know this? Because this was the envelope she sent me.

I thought I was being clever when I went to the post office and got these very cool $1.00 stamps, which I have combined with the cute little 10 cent dragonfly stamp to send to my new American pen friends.


I did ask about smaller denominations and was told that other than the ones for twenty-five cents and under, there weren't many other options.  It's as if all the stamps that used to be used for regular mail have somehow ceased to exist.

But Beth, clever girl that she obviously is, just went ahead and stuck on a whole bunch of amazing stamps adding up to the same $1.10, enclosed a delightful, handwritten letter (such a treat) and mailed it off.  Colour me excited!!

No comments: