Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What a Treat!

It's only the 2nd day of mail delivery for April (here in Canada, the post office was closed for Easter Monday) and already I'm getting some lovely goodies delivered from my fellow National Letter Writing Month group members.

Yesterday, one of the ladies in the group posted on Facebook that she'd found a baby black widow spider lurking in her mailbox when she went to check it.  Can you imagine? Not just any garden variety spider (that would be bad enough!) but a black widow!!  ICK!!! It makes me shudder just to think of it.

Imagine my surprise to find a cougar in my mailbox shortly thereafter??
Love the global stamp too!
It was actually a very cool envelope made out of a folded calendar page by Chris from California.  Inside was this pretty, handmade card.  Thanks so much, Chris!

Today, I had two lovely missives intermixed with some regular, much less exciting mail.  This pretty fuchsia pink card from Terrie, who is also from California.

This card is from the group organizer, Lindsay Ostrom.  I love the drawing of the girl on the front of her postcard and I love, love, love her lettering - man, what I wouldn't give to be able to do that!


Such a treat, can't wait to see what comes in the mailbox tomorrow!

No comments: