Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The First of May

I spent today shuttling between doctor appointments, sitting in waiting rooms, waiting in examination rooms, being examined and commuting to and fro in weekday big city traffic.  A bit of a drain on the energy resources when you're not feeling too well but on the plus side, I have been assured by one doctor that I have a very healthy vajayjay and been prescribed a puffer and antibiotics by the other to hopefully make this debilitating cough go far, far away.  So it's all good.

When the medical part of my day was done, I made a couple of stops.  The first, to visit the grave of two dear friends and former cottage neighbours, as the cemetery was near to my doctor's office and I hadn't been there with time to spare in many years.  Luckily, I was able to find it easily, having only a vague recollection of the location.

I was heartened to see the forsythia finally in bloom nearby

as well as this pretty tree, which I believe is a magnolia of some type but I am not entirely sure.  (Feel free to comment if you recognize its floppy petals and pink and yellow centre!)



As you can see from these photos, it will be another week or two before the leaves on these other trees make their appearance but soon, very soon.

Then I went to the beach, having forgotten the morning forecast which had advised it would be cooler by the lake.  Oh my, yes it certainly was, with a cold wind blowing up whitecaps on the water.  Nevertheless, lots of people about, walking their dogs, biking, rollerblading, playing beach volleyball.  There was even one fellow flying a couple of very large kites (no, those aren't flies on my lens, it's that darned hair on the lens!  Grr.)


If you look closely, you can see the whitecaps
in the background.  Or you can just
admire the subject in the foreground.

I didn't linger on the beach but I did appreciate the quick peek at what lies ahead for us very soon.  In the meantime, we'll enjoy the gifts of spring.


No comments: