Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Sketchbook Project in Toronto!!

There are more than 27,000 books currently making up The Sketchbook Project collection.  The mobile library is made up of 4,500 of those books, including the one I made and submitted this past January (which I showed here and here) and it's touring around North American this summer, visiting 40 cities.  This weekend, June 7 to 9, it'll be stopping in Toronto at the Distillery District. The sketchbooks can be viewed any time between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. each of the three days.  In 2 weeks time, on Sunday, June 16th, it'll be in Montreal, the 2nd of the two Canadian cities the tour will be visiting.

 I'm planning to visit the permanent library in Brooklyn, NY, one of these days but in the meantime, I'm pretty excited to finally see this part of collection in person. Several of my friends also have sketchbooks in the group, so I'll be checking them out.  And when I say "checking them out", I mean exactly that.  You sign them out, like a regular library, and look through them right there.

Here's the project, explained in just 96 seconds! (the last 30 seconds are the credits, which as often happens, are the best part of the whole film!)

No comments: