Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Visit to Strawberry Fields

Since today would have been John Lennon's 73rd birthday, I thought you might like to see this little video I filmed when I was in New York City about 6 weeks ago.  My friend Debbie and I visited Central Park and stopped by Strawberry Fields, the memorial to Lennon.



As you can (somewhat faintly) hear in the video, this guy was singing the chorus of the Beatles song, "She Loves You" (listen for "yeah, yeah, yeah").

As you can also hear, he wasn't that good.  He wasn't all bad but he wasn't that good.  Sadly, he hadn't read the sign advising that this was a "quiet zone", and no musical instruments were permitted:

I guess songwriters have to learn to accept that people will play and perform their songs badly from time to time.  Although I can't imagine that is an easy lesson to learn.






No comments: