Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2013

I am grateful for so many things in my life, not the least of which is the fabulous Thanksgiving weekend that has just passed.  I am grateful for being able to spend the weekend with my mom and my sister at the cottage, as my recent trip to France meant that I missed the best of the fall colours this season. Luckily, there were still a few trees dressed in their autumnal glory for me to admire!



Here's a few other things I'm grateful for:

The beautiful, warm, sunny day we had on Saturday and the first 8 bags of leaves we got filled (only 72 left to go if past years' totals are any indication!)

and the delicious turkey dinner (and dessert!) my sister Janine cooked.


The indigo twilight that follows a fall sunset:

For the talented photographer on the other side of the world who took my coloured photo of our property:

and turned it into this black and white delight:
Post production editing by Tim Fisher
For the quiet, relaxing, rainy day we had inside yesterday, cozied up by the fireplace, the friends who dropped in to visit and turkey leftovers...


For the misty Monday morning

that turned into a sunny afternoon today that was perfect for raking and bagging 20 more bags of leaves - no wind, not too hot, not too cold.  Yesterday's rain meant the leaves were still wet, which makes them just right for bagging.  Here I am, hard at work.


Photo by Janine Fawcett
Also extremely grateful that our neighbours with the annoyingly loud leaf blower that intruded on the enjoyment of Saturday afternoon's late in the cottage season quiet weren't using it today!

For being able to get the freezer in the vintage cottage fridge defrosted quickly and easily.
Before
After
Last but not least, for the beautiful sunset on my drive home.

No comments: